Teach Me if I'm Wrong

Life May Get Rough Sometimes...
Chill and Continue to Search The Best In You...


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The All Blacks' Tradition

At first watching the guys from Hang Nadim and Kasturi's performance... i'm so excited... a bit gross... but its a new thing... really so cool for a group of guys doing hakka in front of every girls residents area.

Later... i met the person who becomes the leader or the one who responsible to start hakka traditions in UiTM Lendu. he is a cool guy. the rugby player and a PTD also... he comes to our Hi-Tea for Dean List students events... so i've made some study and the results is...

  • The Haka is a Māori traditional dance performed immediately prior to matches.
  • For ages... they do this dance for the fighting spirits of their warriors...
  • Now the New Zealand rugby team made it as their tradition in every match they were into.
  • There were two types of Hakka which is ka-mate and kapaopango.
  • Watch some of it downloaded from the allblacks.com.

"Kapa o Pango"
Kapa o Pango kia whakawhenua au i ahau!
- All Blacks, let me become one with the land
Hī aue, hī! Ko Aotearoa e ngunguru nei!
- This is our land that rumbles
Au, au, aue hā!
- It’s my time! It’s my moment!
Ko Kapa o Pango e ngunguru nei!
- This defines us as the All Blacks
Au, au, aue hā!
- It’s my time! It’s my moment!
I āhahā! Ka tū te ihiihi
- Our dominance
Ka tū te wanawana
- Our supremacy will triumph
Ki runga ki te rangi e tū iho nei, tū iho nei, hī!
- And be placed on high
Ponga rā!
- Silver fern!
Kapa o Pango, aue hī!
- All Blacks!
Ponga rā!
- Silver fern!
Kapa o Pango, aue hī, hā!
- All Blacks!


"Ka Mate"
Leader: Ringa pakia! Slap the hands against the thighs!
Uma tiraha! Puff out the chest.
Turi whatia! Bend the knees!
Hope whai ake! Let the hip follow!
Waewae takahia kia kino! Stomp the feet as hard as you can!
Leader: Ka mate, ka mate 'I die, I die,
Team: Ka ora' Ka ora' 'I live, 'I live,
Leader: Ka mate, ka mate 'I die, 'I die
Team: Ka ora Ka ora " 'I live, 'I live,
All: Tēnei te tangata pūhuruhuru This is the fierce, powerful man
Nāna i tiki mai whakawhiti te rā ...Who caused the sun to shine again for me
Upane... Upane Up the ladder, Up the ladder
Upane Kaupane" Up to the top
Whiti te rā,! The sun shines!
Hī! Rise!




No comments: